Protect yourself from fraud on the internet by identifying and avoiding internet scams and phishing attempts.
When in doubt, ask the intended recipient for more information about the purpose and safety of the requested payment. Don't send the payment until you're comfortable with the transaction.
To avoid payment scams:
- Don't do business with a merchandise partner who directs you off the Temu website. A legitimate Temu merchandise partner transaction will never occur off the Temu website.
- Don't send money (by cash, wire transfer, Western Union, PayPal, MoneyGram, or other means) to a merchandise partner who claims that Temu will guarantee the transaction, refund your funds if you're not satisfied with the purchase, or hold your funds in escrow.
- Don't make a payment to claim lottery or prize winnings, or on a promise of receiving a large amount of money.
- Don't make a payment because you're guaranteed a credit card or loan.
- Don't respond to an internet or phone offer that you're not sure is honest.
- Don't make a payment to someone you don't know or whose identity you can't verify.
- Don't respond to emails that ask you to provide account information, such as your email address and password combination. Temu will never ask you for personal information.