What Information Do We Collect?
- Account and Profile. In order to create and manage your Temu account, we may collect your mobile phone number or email address as the login credentials for your account. If you choose to sign up or login in via external third-party services, such as Facebook or Google, you agree we may collect your profile photo, username, and email address associated with the relevant third-party service provider.
- Purchases. In order to complete transactions and fulfill orders, we collect data related to your order on the Service (e.g. transaction history), payment information required to complete the transaction (e.g. payment card number or other third-party payment information required for payment), your shipping address (e.g. city, state, country of residence, postal code), and recipient contact information (e.g. name, mobile phone number).
- Customer Support Activity. When you communicate with our customer service team through customer support functions, social media, or any other means, we will collect your communication history with us as an ongoing effort to improve customer service and support.
- User-generated Content. Such as profile pictures, photos, images, videos, audio, comments, questions, messages, and other content or information that you generate, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Service, as well as associated metadata.
- Promotion and Event Participation. We collect information that you actively share when you participate in a contest, promotion, or survey, such as contact information provided when you enter a sweepstakes, contest, or giveaway through the Service. We do this to notify you of a win, to verify your identity, and/or to send you a prize. In some cases, we may require additional information as part of the participation process, such as your desired prize selection. Such sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules and other relevant information for each sweepstake and contest that you enter. In addition, we collect information about your preferences for receiving marketing communications from us as well as your interactions with them.
- Data providers. Such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information, which among other purposes help us detect fraud.
- Our affiliate partners. Such as our affiliate network provider and publishers, influencers, and promoters who participate in our paid affiliate programs.
- Marketing partners. Such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
- U.S. public sources. Such as government agencies, public records, and other publicly available sources.
- Other Third-Party Services: We may obtain your information from other third-party services, such as:
- Social media services - from which we may collect information including your username, profile picture, and email address associated with the relevant third-party service provider, if you choose to register or log in on the Service using said third-party service.
- Logistics service providers - to effectively complete order fulfillment, we will obtain your logistics information from logistics providers, such as delivery progress and delivery address.
- Device Data: We collect certain information about the device you use to access the Platform, such as device model, operating system information, language settings, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes).
- Service Usage Information: We collect information about your interactions with the Service, including the pages you view, the duration on a page, the source from which you arrived at the page, your interactions with the page, whether you opened our emails, and whether you clicked the links within our emails.
- Location Data: We collect your approximate location data (e.g. IP address).
Please note that, in using our Services, you may share personal information to others; for example, when other users view items on Temu, they may see item reviews you left,. They will not see your profile photo and name if you hide your profile photo and name when leaving reviews.
Your Controls and Choices
- Email Promotional Offers: If you do not want to receive emails from us regarding special promotions or offers, you may follow the unsubscribe options at the bottom of each email.
- Mobile Promotional Offers: When you provide us with your mobile phone number for marketing purposes, we may send you certain marketing alerts via text message and standard data and messaging rates will apply. If you no longer wish to receive mobile marketing alerts from us, you can follow the instructions provided in these messages or reply "stop" to any alerts we send. Rest assured that you can continue to use Temu even if you stop authorizing Mobile promotional offers.
- Push notifications:You may receive push notifications when you use the mobile app. If you wish to adjust push notification settings, including turning them off, you may do so in your mobile device’s notification settings.
Data Security and Retention
Privacy Notice Addendum for US ResidentsResidents of certain US states may have additional privacy rights under applicable state privacy laws. US users can learn more about which rights may be available to them and how to exercise those rights by reviewing .
- Send an email to Temu's Data Protection Office - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whaleco Inc., Suite 355, 31 St. James Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02116, USA