Last updated: November 6, 2023
What Information Do We Collect?
How and Why We Use Your Information
How and Why We Share Your Information
Your Controls and Choices
Data Security and Retention
What Information Do We Collect?
In the course of providing and improving our products and services, we collect your personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. The following are the types of personal information that we collect:Information that you provide
When you create an account, place an order at checkout, contact us directly, or otherwise use the Service, you may provide some or all of the following information:
Information from third-party sources
- Account and Profile. In order to create and manage your Temu account, we may collect your mobile phone number or email address as the login credentials for your account. If you choose to sign up or login in via external third-party services, such as Facebook or Google, you agree we may collect your profile photo, username, and email address associated with the relevant third-party service provider.
- Purchases. In order to complete transactions and fulfill orders, we collect data related to your order on the Service (e.g. transaction history), payment information required to complete the transaction (e.g. payment card number or other third-party payment information required for payment), your shipping address (e.g. city, state, country of residence, postal code), and recipient contact information (e.g. name, mobile phone number).
- Customer Support Activity. When you communicate with our customer service team through customer support functions, social media, or any other means, we will collect your communication history with us as an ongoing effort to improve customer service and support.
- User-generated Content. Such as profile pictures, photos, images, videos, audio, comments, questions, messages, and other content or information that you generate, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Service, as well as associated metadata.
- Promotion and Event Participation. We collect information that you actively share when you participate in a contest, promotion, or survey, such as contact information provided when you enter a sweepstakes, contest, or giveaway through the Service. We do this to notify you of a win, to verify your identity, and/or to send you a prize. In some cases, we may require additional information as part of the participation process, such as your desired prize selection. Such sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules and other relevant information for each sweepstake and contest that you enter. In addition, we collect information about your preferences for receiving marketing communications from us as well as your interactions with them.
We may combine the personal information that we receive from you with personal information that we obtain from other third-party sources, such as:
Information collected automatically
- Data providers. Such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information, which among other purposes help us detect fraud.
- Our affiliate partners. Such as our affiliate network provider and publishers, influencers, and promoters who participate in our paid affiliate programs.
- Public sources from user’s country of residence. Such as government agencies, public records, and other publicly available sources.
- Other Third-Party Services: We may obtain your information from other third-party services, such as:
- Social media services - from which we may collect information such as your username, profile picture, and email address associated with the relevant third-party service provider, if you choose to register or log in on the Service using said third-party service.
- Logistics service providers - to effectively complete order fulfillment, we will obtain your logistics information from logistics providers, such as delivery progress and delivery address.
To enhance your experience with our services and support the other purposes for which we collect personal information, we, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically record information about you, your computer, or mobile device and your interactions with the Service, our communications, and other online services over time, such as:
- Device Data: We collect certain information about the device you use to access the Platform, such as device model, operating system information, language settings, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes).
- Service Usage Information: We collect information about your interactions with the Service, including the pages you view, the duration on a page, the source from which you arrived at the page, your interactions with the page, whether you opened our emails, and whether you clicked the links within our emails.
- Location Data: We collect your approximate location data (e.g. IP address).
Your Controls and Choices
Please note that, in using our Services, you may share personal information to others; for example, when other users view items on Temu, they may see item reviews you left,. They will not see your profile photo and name if you hide your profile photo and name when leaving reviews.
The above parties may be located in a country outside of your jurisdiction, including in U.S. and the countries in which the sellers or users may be located. Unless we have your consent, or an exception under the applicable laws apply, we will only share or disclose your personal information to overseas recipients where we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the applicable laws in relation to your personal information.
Your Controls and ChoicesWe provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:Rights to access, delete, and correct your personal information. You may have the right to access, delete, or correct your personal information.Opt-out from Marketing Communications. To manage your preferences or opt-out of marketing communications, you can take any of the following actions:
Change settings for cookies and similar technologies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. You can also configure your device to prevent images from loading to prevent web beacons from functioning.Links to Third-Party Platforms. The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media account or another third-party platform, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. However, please note that these links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. Moreover, we do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. Therefore, we encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.Other Choices. Please see the Cookie and Similar Technologies Policy for additional choices and rights you may have and how to exercise such choices and rights.
- Email Promotional Offers: If you do not want to receive emails from us regarding special promotions or offers, you may follow the unsubscribe options at the bottom of each email.
- Mobile Promotional Offers: When you provide us with your mobile phone number for marketing purposes, we may send you certain marketing alerts via text message and standard data and messaging rates will apply. If you no longer wish to receive mobile marketing alerts from us, you can follow the instructions provided in these messages or reply "stop" to any alerts we send. Rest assured that you can continue to use Temu even if you stop authorizing Mobile promotional offers.
- Push notifications:You may receive push notifications when you use the mobile app. If you wish to adjust push notification settings, including turning them off, you may do so in your mobile device’s notification settings.
Data Security and RetentionThe security of your personal information is important to us. We use technical and administrative measures to help protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We also follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (“PCI-DSS”) in handling your credit card information. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies.We generally retain personal information to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, as well as for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we may consider factors such as the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. When we no longer require the personal information we have collected about you, we may either delete it, anonymize it, or isolate it from further processing.Data of Temu Australian users will be stored by default in the infrastructure of Microsoft Azure or a similar cloud service provider. Temu is a global e-commerce platform, therefore where necessary, Temu may transfer data related to order fulfillment to service providers in other countries to provide order fulfillment and logistics services. Sensitive personal information (such as account and profile information) unrelated to fulfillment services will not be transferred. At the same time, in all cases, we will ensure that all transfers of personal data comply with applicable legal requirements.
Access and correctionWe will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can help us do this by letting us know if you notice errors or discrepancies in information we hold about you and letting us know if your personal details change. If you consider any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading you are entitled to request correction of the information. After receiving a request from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct your information.To advise us of any changes to or make requests regarding your personal information, you can contact us using the details below.
- Send an email to Temu's Data Protection Office - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whaleco Technology Limited., First Floor, 25 St, Stephens Green, Dublin 2, Ireland